Innovation and Future Technology is an open access journal published online by ISCI.
- Open Access: free for readers, authors and their institutions.
- Rapid publication: manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision provided to authors approximately 30 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 10 days.
Aims and scope
Innovation and Future Technology accepts scientifically rigorous research, regardless of novelty. Innovation and Future Technology’s broad scope provides a platform to publish primary research, including interdisciplinary and replication studies as well as negative results. The journal’s publication criteria are based on high ethical standards and the rigor of the methodology and conclusions reported.
Innovation and Future Technology features reports of original research from all disciplines. By not excluding research on the basis of subject area, Innovation and Future Technology facilitates the discovery of connections between research whether within or between disciplines.
We will also consider the following article types:
- Systematic reviews. We consider publishing systematic reviews only if the methods ensure the comprehensive and unbiased sampling of existing literature.
- Submissions describing methods, software, databases, or other tools. We consider submissions describing methods, software, databases, or other tools if they follow the appropriate reporting guidelines.
- Qualitative research. We consider publishing qualitative research only if it adheres to appropriate study design and reporting guidelines.
- Studies reporting negative results.
Innovation and Future Technology is a scholarly open access journal, which provides an advanced forum for scientific studies. It publishes research papers, reviews and communications. There is no restriction on the length of the papers. Electronic files and software regarding the full details of calculations or experimental procedures, if unable to be published in a normal way, can be deposited as supplementary electronic material.