Permission obtaining

If you wish to use copyrighted material in your manuscript or for the following print or electronic purposes, queries must be sent to the copyright holder (usually the original publisher): photocopies, distance learning, course (package), translation, visually impaired readers, expansion of article, rewrite article, thesis, republication, conference, annual report, repository, reprints, eBook, print book, intranet, internet, homepage/website.

Your Responsibilities

  • Unless your contract says otherwise, as the author you are responsible for obtaining permission and paying any fees to use the third-party copyright material that your book and supplementary Web resources contain. As an alternative, material from other sources should be used.
  • If you are a volume editor, ensure your contributors understand the requirements in these guidelines and provide proof of permission obtained at the same time they send you their contribution.